Senior Manager of Underwriting Technology
Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Globe Life corporate office is accepting applications for Sr. Manager of Underwriting Technology.
In this role you will be responsible for the oversight of analytics and technological development within the new business and underwriting departments of Globe Life and affiliates. The role will entail the oversight of data analytics projects that include mortality and issue rates. As the Senior Manager, you will be responsible for the oversight of a team of analysts to support business development from different underwriting organizations. Familiarity with reporting is a must, as this role will have responsibilities to developing and maintaining reporting for executive management. Your communication and transparency will be a key aspect for this role to help facilitate analysis of underwriting and the impacts it may have to other departments including but not limited to; sales, customer service, compliance, and claims.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• High school diploma required.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Life underwriting.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Data analysis and reporting.
• Completion of LOMA 280/281 and 290/291; actively working toward AALU and FLMI
• Professional Designations: AALU/FALU and FLMI preferred
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Underwriting Management.
• Analyze underwriting trends based on claims data to assist in developing guidelines across subsidiaries.
• Develop and maintain senior management reporting.
• Evaluate impact of underwriting changes to profit, mortality, and department reporting.
• Coordinate with other New Business and Underwriting management to update new business and underwriting guidelines across multiple subsidiaries.
• Present and implement plans to senior management to improve processing and risk controls within underwriting and new business.
• Manage policy deployment, quality, cost reduction, work efficiency, customer satisfaction and employee relations.
• Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
• Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
• Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction and quality.
• Conduct research and analytical studies on a variety of programs and issues.
• Develop procedures and formulate recommendations.
• Conduct cost benefits analyses and prepare financial and statistical reports.
• Assist in budget preparation and administration.
• Work with multiple teams within the company. Internal teams include but are not limited to: IT, Financial Accounting, Premium, Accounting, Customer Service, New Business, Internal Audit, Conservation and Compliance
• Write requirements specifications for Information Technology.
• Assist in performing quality assurance and testing when implementing new processes/procedures/systems.
• Excellent Microsoft Office Skills, with an emphasis on excel.
• Good knowledge of SQL, Access, and Visio.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Critical thinking skills and attention to detail with ability to quickly identify information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
• Mathematics/Analytical skills essential
• Ability to interpret meaning of information for others; translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
• Excellent logic-based decision making skills
• Process improvement; policy deployment, problem resolution and employee relations.
• Budgeting and planning; effectively manage human and fiscal resources.
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships with employees at various levels of the company.
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
Globe Life was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.