Sr. ICM Configurator
Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid vacation, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
Globe Life has an opening for a Senior ICM Configurator. This position is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining models with IBM’s Cognos Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) system, formerly known as Varicent.
- 5+ years’ experience in a software development role.
- Minimum 3-4 years of IBM ICM experience designing, developing and maintaining ICM models and reports with at least two full lifecycle implementations of IBM ICM.
- Experience in use of IBM ICM modules (eg: Composer, Portal Access, Task Manager, and Presenter).
- Experience with building import (intra-model & query function) processes, workflow processes, calculation logic, reports and web forms.
- Experience working with relational databases, dimensional databases, and programming concepts.
- Basic SQL query expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to create requirement documents, technical specifications, unit test results, estimation documents, road maps and architectural documents.
- Ability to quickly dissect and fix issues in existing code and configurations
- Ability to translate technical processes/terms for users who don’t have technical background.
- Derive and understand business needs, and document findings
- Conduct discovery, design, build and unit testing activities for prescribed ICM model changes
- Design and implement data extract/transform/load strategies for ICM models
- Participate in creating test plans, test cases, and performing unit and integration testing.
- Assist in planning and organizing tasks, report task progress, coordinate with team members during implementation.
- Support and maintain existing ICM applications - troubleshoot and fix defects, perform maintenance activities.
- Assist business partners with problems and resolve issues independently.
- Business knowledge of the sales compensation business processes.
- Familiarity with variable incentive compensation applications such as IBM Cognos ICM (Varicent) or Oracle Incentive Compensation.
- Knowledge of software development and implementation lifecycles.
- Comfortable with emerging technologies, learning new software, understanding a data model and an object model, writing SQL queries, and writing design specifications.
- Experience in application support of production systems based on ITIL methodology.
- Knowledge and familiarity with database design and architecture, as well as general database development tools (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Knowledge of ETL concepts and large volume data handling between systems.
- Knowledge of mathematical calculations to summarize and aggregate large volumes of data.
This position is full time, days.
At Globe Life, we really do value our employees and it shows! We make sure you have your own dedicated personal work space and we don't make overtime mandatory-that is truly optional scheduling.
Employees at Globe Life are dedicated to their work and we are dedicated to our employees and want to give you peace of mind for your future retirement. After 5 years of working together and being vested, Globe Life provides a company-funded pension plan for employees.
On a day to day basis, you will enjoy a company culture that embraces individuality, celebrates our successes, offers an attractive employee benefits package, and fosters personal development and seeks to promote internal talent.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.