Program Manager - Application Development
Sorry, this job has expired.
Vision Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
Globe Life currently has an opportunity for a high-caliber Application Development Program Manager. As the Program Manager, you will manage a large, multi-year, data strategy program with projects implementing data infrastructure, best practices and tools to support IT and enterprise-wide data program initiatives.You will remove roadblocks and work to ensure projects are progressing as planned and teams are working together cohesively.
This role is located in our McKinney office and we are only considering local applicants at this time.
• Work with other program leaders to develop and manage strategies and objectives.
• Manage and monitor interconnected projects.
• Manage cross-project dependencies.
• Co-manage, with the application team, implementation vendor relationships.
• Develop and manage change against scope, budgets, and schedules.
• Assess risks to the program and ensure we have planned comprehensive responses.
• Manage and track changes across the program.
• Coordinate activities of other project managers working within the overall program.
• Assess program performance and incorporate improvements.
• Foster a positive working relationship between IT and business units by creating a collaborative environment built on trust and respectful interactions.
• Manage software development projects by leading project teams through all phases of the standard project lifecycle.
• Provide status reporting, communications planning and management.
• Incorporate risk mitigation strategy and contingency planning.
• Understand and know how to apply application development project management methods.
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to manage conflict.
• Intermediate ability with Microsoft Project.
• Strong and effective communicator and leader.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.