Senior Programmer Analyst
Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Globe Life is currently seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst.
As the Senior Programmer Analyst you will assist the Application Manager to oversee a team of personnel, focusing on technical issues including software development, product releases, and engineering tasks. In addition to hiring and training staff and delegating work assignments, you will also collaborate with colleagues to identify and resolve technical issues. Often you'll evaluate work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
You will report to the Applications Manager and be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and support of new and existing applications. You will have the opportunity to eventually grow into a Technical Lead role. You'll participate in all phases of the System Development Life Cycle as needed, applying expert knowledge of system interaction and business familiarity to meet business needs.
• Create service goals for the team.
• Ensure current applications are updated and align with the implementation of new applications.
• Analyze end users' needs and select applications to meet those needs.
• Develop troubleshooting programs and supervise system modifications.
• Communicate effectively and collaborate with technical/non-technical audiences.
• Participate in project planning sessions to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
• Participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations.
• Incorporate security requirements into design.
• Provide input to information/data flow.
• Document detailed application specifications.
• Translate technical requirements into programmed application modules.
• Develop and enhance software application modules.
• Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to predefined architectural specifications.
• Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues.
• Prepare unit and integration test plans for program changes, and in cooperation with clients and other I.T. personnel; perform the testing.
• Review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation.
• Work cross-functionally with other team members.
• Partner with QA, DB, BA/PO and other dependent teams.
• Excellent technical abilities, leadership, decision making, strong communication skills, and adaptability to new technology.
• Very strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• A well-organized team-player who thrives when juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines.
• Ability to drive design and architecture discussions across the team, create application architecture documents, and be responsible for high quality implementations.
• Solid analytical and creative problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.