Senior Operations Manager
Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Globe Life is now hiring a Senior Operations Manager.
The Senior Operations Manager reports to the Senior VP of Policy Administration and is responsible for oversight of all operational activities related to claims processing and reporting in Waco, TX. This position will support the company’s objective to increase the use of analytics in order to obtain significant insights of our customers and agents to develop programs that will implement new technologies, improve operational performance, maximize automation, yield quicker turnaround times, and provide more self-service capabilities to the end user. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the claims team complies with regulations such as unclaimed property, market conduct exams, lost policy locator services, etc. The Sr. Claims Manager will be the contact for working with external examiners and providing responses to all requests. In addition, you are responsible for analyzing, tracking results, and ensuring procedures are consistent with other claims locations. There will be some travel required for this position, as the position reports to the Sr. VP of Policy Administration who is located in McKinney, TX.
• A./B.S. in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• 10 + years’ experience leading or managing a team
• 10+ years accounting/auditing experience, ideally in a corporate or public setting is a plus
• Experience integrating business processes and business applications
• Previous insurance experience is a plus
• Proven ability to evaluate operations and realign tasks and activities to appropriate level, including ability to plan, audit, monitor and control workflows.
• Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously across multiple lines of business and work in a team environment.
• Must have availability to travel
• Track and analyze business unit results through KPI’s and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the department.
• Work with claims management to increase productivity, reduce costs and improve quality, efficiency and service to customers and internal departments.
• Daily operational management of the life and health claims departments.
• Provide clear direction and actively communicate with claims teams on work unit deliverables, accomplishments, new initiatives, and industry business changes.
• Review and audit claim files. Make decisions regarding the adjudication of claims.
• Conduct regular self-audits of claim operations results, processes, and workflows.
• Recognize and communicate issues to senior management.
• Ensure consistent claims processes and handling with the other claims locations.
• Serve as the contact for external examinations performed by outside entities (including but not limited to market conduct examinations).
• Prepare written reports/responses/presentations which are given to senior management as well as 3rd parties.
• Research, analyze, and recommend any systems, support tools or projects that would enhance the quality and productivity of the claims system or the claims department.
• Assist in performing research on escalated claims.
• Manage additional ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Senior VP.
• Solid skills in Microsoft Office Products; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
• Strong analytical and decision making skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Globe Life was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.