Senior .Net Developer
Sorry, this job has expired.
The corporate office of Globe Life is currently accepting applications for a Senior .NET Developer.
We offer a flexible work schedule, casual dress, and great corporate culture. We provide ongoing training/learning with Pluralsight and MSDN subscriptions.
Our benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Cancer, Heart, and Accident Insurances with a 401(k) match.
You will report to the Applications Manager and be responsible for the design, development, deployment, and support of new and existing applications. In this position you will also have the opportunity to eventually grow into a Technical Lead role. You'll participate in all phases of the System Development Life Cycle as needed, applying expert knowledge of system interaction and business familiarity to meet business needs. To be successful as the Senior .Net Developer you should possess excellent technical abilities, leadership, decision-making, strong communication skills, and adaptability to new technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer science, or related field.
• 7+ years experience developing software following an Agile and/or Waterfall methodology.
• 7+ years recent hands-on software development work experience in C#, .Net and related Microsoft technologies (MS SQL Server, IIS, .NET framework, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C# or VB.NET, MVC, WCF, Web Services, XML)
• Demonstrated ability to architect, design and lead development of software components through production releases.
• Expert in one or more of the following areas:
• Application/Middle Tier: WebAPI, WCF, Windows Service Applications, SOAP and RESTful Web Services.
• Database Tier: Microsoft SQLServer 2005 or higher, T-SQL, Stored Procs, SSIS. Oracle is a plus.
• Exposure to software engineering best practices and design patterns.
• Experience with Microsoft Project is highly desirable.
• Must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Assist the Application Manager to oversee a team of personnel, focused on technical issues such as software development, product releases, and engineering tasks.
• Hire and train staff.
• Delegate work assignments.
• Collaborate with colleagues to identify and resolve technical issues.
• Evaluate work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
• Create service goals for the team.
• Ensure current applications are updated and align with the implementation of new applications.
• Analyze end users' needs.
• Select applications to meet those needs.
• Develop troubleshooting programs and supervising system modifications.
• Adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques utilizing programming skills and contribute to the technical code base including any required documentation.
Globe Life was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.