Senior IT Internal Auditor
Globe Life Corporate office is accepting applications for a Sr. Internal IT Auditor.
The Senior IT Auditor will be responsible for conducting audits on control design, effectiveness testing and implementation of new and existing technologies in accordance with the annual audit plan. Responsibilities also include testing control effectiveness of IT Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls on behalf of management. Role encompasses all aspects of the audit lifecycle from risk assessment & planning through remediation testing and reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree and experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other IT related fields, or Accounting
• Current certifications such as CISA and/or CISSP or CISM is required
• Certification experience as Payment Card Industry Professional (PCIP) or Internal Security Assessor (ISA) desirable
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in Internal Audit or Public Accounting
Strong technical skills and an in-depth knowledge of IT techniques and tools utilized during audits
• Experience auditing general computing controls covering Application Development, Change / Problem Management, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity, Windows OS, Active Directory, MS SQL database security and general networking controls (i.e. firewalls, routers and remote access)
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Defines, executes and manages Information Technology audits to assist in completion of the annual audit plan
• Obtains, analyzes and appraises internal system controls for adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency, while evaluating the controls compliance with established policies, procedures, regulations and plans
• Assist in the drafting of a risk based internal audit report and work with management in the development of a suitable response
• Perform follow up on audit issue results to monitor and assess management’s implementation of recommendations
• Assists Audit Management in performing IT risk assessment tasks in preparation and execution of the annual audit plan
• Plans and executes engagements in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing by formally documenting the scope, objective and procedures, (including statistical sampling and information technology) utilized within a formal engagement work program
• Reports engagement observations to IA management with constructive recommendations for improving operations and controls, promoting growth, reducing costs, and ensuring compliance with applicable policies, laws and regulations
• Consistently communicates, (both verbal and written), any potential audit issues to all levels of the audit area in a timely manner
• Attends training, (formal and informal) and engages in self-study to keep abreast of emerging technology/security concepts, industry best practices, auditing/accounting standards and development of interpersonal skills.
• Performs special reviews and audits at the request of management
• Identifies risks within a process/functional area and recommends controls to mitigate risks
• Working knowledge of leading IT and business control frameworks such as ISO, COBIT, SANS, ITIL and COSO
• Working knowledge of Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards and understanding of other IT regulations such as Gramm-Leach-Bliley and HIPAA-HITECH requirements
• Experience in assessing the effectiveness of ITGC controls for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
• Knowledge and adherence of the Standards of the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the Institute of Internal Auditors’ Code of Ethics and the Practice Advisories for Assurance and Consulting Services company
• Ability to handle multiple tasks using problem-solving and analytical skills
• Executive writing and excellent verbal communications
Full Time, M-F
At Globe Life, we really do value our employees and it shows!
Employees at Globe Life are dedicated to their work and we are dedicated to our employees and want to give you peace of mind for your future retirement.
On a day to day basis, you will enjoy a company culture that embraces individuality, celebrates our successes, offers an attractive employee benefits package, and fosters personal development and seeks to promote internal talent.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.