Senior Investment Analyst
The (Senior) Investment Analyst will focus on corporate bond credit research and other related activities required to support a disciplined investment selection and review process for Torchmark Corp. (NYSE: TMK) and its affiliates (Globe Life, American Income Life, etc). The (Senior) Investment Analyst will be the primary coverage of several sectors within Torchmark’s approximately $16 billion portfolio.
• Monitor and analyze credit risk through research on corporate (and municipal) debt issuers
• Provide timely research opinions and investment recommendations (verbal and written) to enhance portfolio objectives
• Track existing holdings, maintain written analysis, and communicate on issuer-specific and industry-wide developments and trends
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of a wide range of industries and bond issuers
• Develop relationships with sell-side analysts, industry experts, and attend conferences to support research
Bachelor’s degree or higher in analytical discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Strong academic background: bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• 3-6+ years of relevant post-undergraduate work experience
• Progression/interest in the CFA program
• Investment (credit, equity, or related) research background
• Accounting and/or finance degree
• CFA/MBA or equivalent a plus
• Strong, detail-oriented analytical and reasoning skills with ability to analyze large quantities of information efficiently and effectively
• Proficiency in financial statement analysis and other relevant information
• Ability to be a team player on collaborative efforts, self-starting, and exhibiting ownership of assigned sector coverage
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills; must construct and defend a recommendation
• Strong computer skills required with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, and other investment-related software
Monday-Friday Regular Full Time
Globe Life was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.