Senior ETL Developer
Sorry, this job has expired.
Globe Life's corporate office has an opportunity for an ETL Developer to join their IT department.
As an ETL Developer, you will be responsible for analysis, design, development, maintenance and support for various data applications. You will also be responsible for the development of key infrastructure and architectural components and processes for the application development teams.
• Strong ETL Development experience using ETL tools, such as Informatica PowerCenter.
• Current and hands-on experience with complex SQL and relational databases like SQL Server 2008 and newer.
• Exposure to Data Modeling tools like Erwin, ER Studio.
• Work with technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups and test teams to deliver value to the business.
• Refine requirements to develop technical design documents to initiate development.
• Deliver ETL components as specified in the design, functional and non-functional requirements, within established budget, time and quality standards.
• Design, prototype, develop, test cases, and document ETL components.
• Perform unit testing of ETL components and document test results.
• Complete code reviews for ETL components and documentation of issues identified and action items.
• Support all testing, including Development Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, End-to-End Testing and Performance Testing.
• Perform troubleshooting on ETL components.
• Support the operations of existing applications.
• Provide timely response and resolution of emergency production questions, issues, and defects when on call.
• Adhere to a production support process.
• Work on periodic maintenance releases of applications, including enhancements and defects.
• Look for ways to enhance design of application for better maintainability and software reuse.
• Look for ways to incrementally improve the architecture of legacy systems.
• Involve users in the development/maintenance of applications (e.g., requirements, testing).
• Understand how users use their applications.
• Anticipate users’ future needs when architecting solutions.
• Report to the Application Development Manager and/or Project Manager. No direct reports.
• Coach less-experienced teammates.
• Create documentation to aid in others' learning.
• Provide project supervision and ensure quality and timeliness of others' deliverables.
• Manage workload to deliver quality deliverables that meet requirements and timelines.
• Communicate status of assignments to Manager.
• Notify Manager of issues that impact productivity or ability to meet expectations.
• Assist Manager in tracking progress, prioritizing work, and developing time estimates and work plans.
• Resolve issues or escalate to Manager, if necessary.
• Check work in to central repositories.
• Excellent skills in writing, maintaining, testing and debugging code in T-SQL.
• Ability to create detailed technical design specifications.
• Excellent data analysis abilities.
• Great attention to detail while also being flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment and changing priorities.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.