Retirement Plan Administrator
Sorry, this job has expired.
Globe Life is now hiring a Retirement Plan Administrator.
As the Retirement Plan Administrator you will administer retirement benefits programs for 401(k), Pension, and SERP plans in alignment with the organization’s benefits and fiduciary governance strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting, Business, Finance or related field of study preferred; Master’s degree in HR or MBA and certification in HR or Benefits strongly preferred.
• 7-10 years HR experience within the retirement benefits area including 401(k), Pension, and SERP plans.
• Experience with HRMS and financial systems software, Lawson experience preferred.
• Direct knowledge and experience with retirement plan practices, procedures, documentation and compliance requirements.
• Perform annual testing to ensure plans meet non-discrimination and coverage regulations provided by IRS and DOL.
• Ensure policies and procedures follow applicable regulations.
• Prepare required financial statements and governmental filings for qualified plans.
• Balance plans and prepare annual valuations.
• Review plans to ensure provisions of plan document are appropriately applied on both a plan and participant level.
• Oversee annual plan audits, required filings, and IRS qualification testing; ensure timely distribution of required participant notices.
• Fulfill fiduciary governance tasks as Plan Administrator and Secretary of the Retirement Benefits Committee (e.g. regular fee reviews, review of vendor requests for proposals, keeping/ratifying meeting minutes, recommending plan amendments/resolutions, etc.).
• Expand availability of retirement information and education to employees by developing financial education/financial wellness strategy.
• Act as an internal consultant and expert for retirement benefits and fiduciary responsibility best practices and market competitiveness.
• Analyze benchmark surveys and market, economic and plan financial data to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
• Work with finance to ensure enhancements are budgeted and accounted for properly.
• Respond to complex retirement benefits questions and correspond with vendors to resolve employee issues.
• Assist with additional projects and needs as assigned as business needs arise.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrating a high level of confidentiality and customer focus.
• Excellent analytical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail; must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
• Ability to work in a team-focused, collaborative environment.
• Ability to build effective working relationships with 3rd party consultants and legal counsel.
• Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency in a complex and changing working environment.
Globe Life was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is the official life insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.