Project Manager - IT Security
Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid vacation, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, 401K / Retirement plan, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
At Globe Life we currently have an opportunity for a high caliber IT Security project manager. As the Project Manager, you will work with a team on security initiatives. Your role is to directly manage projects impacting the design, development and rollout of IT Security systems. You will remove roadblocks and work to ensure projects are progressing as planned and teams are working together cohesively.
This role is located in our McKinney office and we are only considering local applicants at this time.
• 5+ years of hands-on IT project management experience
• Vendor management
• Bachelor level degree in a related field
• Successful history of accomplishments in a team environment
• IT Security experience
• Insurance industry or financial services industry experience
• Experience with infrastructure implementations
• PMP Certification; PMI membership and participation
• Experience with PMI based project management methodology
• Experience working within an established PMO environment
• Advanced university degree
• Manage IT Security projects, leading project teams through all phases of the standard project lifecycle.
• Develop project charter and planning documents.
• Scope management.
• Provide status reporting, communications planning and management.
• Incorporate risk mitigation strategy and contingency planning.
• Develop and manage project schedules.
•Track and manage costs and perform analysis that reflects actual vs. planned variances.
• Manage change to project scope, schedule and budget.
• Balance the art and science of project management to scale and leverage techniques and processes efficiently.
• Understand and know how to apply project management methods to IT Security initiatives.
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong and effective communicator and leader.
• Ability to manage conflict.
• Intermediate ability with Microsoft Project.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.