Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Globe Life Corporate Office has created a new role and is now recruiting for a Plan Administrator to join their Human Resources department.
At Globe Life, we really do value our employees and it shows! Employees at Globe Life are dedicated to their work and we are dedicated to our employees and want to give you peace of mind for your future retirement. After 5 years of working together, Globe Life provides a company funded pension plan for employees.
On a day-to-day basis, you will enjoy a company culture that embraces individuality, celebrates our successes, offers an attractive employee benefits package, and fosters personal development and seeks to promote internal talent.
In this role as the Plan Administrator, you will administer retirement benefits programs for 401k, pension, and SERP plans in alignment with the organization’s benefits and fiduciary governance strategies.
Bachelor’s degree required; Accounting, Business, Finance or related field of study preferred; Master’s degree in HR or MBA and certification in HR or Benefits strongly preferred.
7-10 years HR experience within the retirement benefits area including; 401k, Pension, and SERP plans.
- Performs annual testing to ensure plans meet non-discrimination and coverage regulations provided by IRS and DOL.
- Ensure policies and procedures follow applicable regulations.
- Prepares required financial statements and governmental filings for qualified plans.
- Balances plans and prepares annual valuations.
- Reviews plans to ensure provisions of plan document are appropriately applied on both a plan and participant level.
- Oversee annual plan audits, required filings, and IRS qualification testing; ensure timely distribution of required participant notices.
- Fulfill fiduciary governance tasks as Plan Administrator and Secretary of the Retirement Benefits Committee (e.g. regular fee reviews, review of vendor requests for proposals, keeping/ratifying meeting minutes, recommending plan amendments/resolutions, etc.).
- Expand availability of retirement information and education to employees by developing financial education/financial wellness strategy.
- Act as an internal consultant and expert for retirement benefits and fiduciary responsibility best practices and market competitiveness.
- Analyze benchmark surveys and market, economic and plan financial data to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
- Work with finance to ensure enhancements are budgeted and accounted for properly.
- Respond to complex retirement benefits questions and correspond with vendors to resolve employee issues.
- Assist with additional projects and needs as assigned as business needs arise.
- Direct knowledge and experience with retirement plan practices, procedures, documentation and compliance requirements.
- Experience with HRMS and financial systems software, Lawson experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrating a high level of confidentiality and customer focus
- Excellent analytical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail; must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work in a team-focused, collaborative environment.
- Build effective working relationships with 3rd party consultants and legal counsel.
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency in a complex and changing working environment