Sorry, this job has expired.
Globe Life corporate office is currently hiring an Oracle SOA Developer.
As the Oracle SOA Developer you will be involved with application development, production support, application maintenance, business alignment, coaching, and managing workflow.
• Responsible for requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation.
• Work with technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups, and test teams to deliver value to the business.
• Refine requirements to develop technical design documents to initiate development.
• Deliver SOA components as specified in the design, functional and non-functional requirements, within established budget, time, and quality standards.
• Design, prototype, develop, test cases, and document SOA components.
• Perform unit testing of SOA components and document test results.
• Complete code reviews for SOA components and documentation of action items and issues identified.
• Support all testing, including Development Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, End-to-End Testing and Performance Testing.
• Perform troubleshooting on SOA components.
• Support the operations of existing applications.
• When on call, provide timely response and resolution of emergency production questions, issues, and defects.
• Adhere to a production support process.
• Work on periodic maintenance releases of applications, including enhancements and defects.
• Look for ways to enhance design of application for better maintainability and software reuse.
• Look for ways to incrementally improve the architecture of legacy systems.
• Involve users in the development/maintenance of applications (e.g., requirements, testing).
• Understand how users use their applications.
• Anticipate users’ future needs when architecting solutions.
• Report to the Application Development Manager and\or Project Manager.
• Coach less experienced teammates.
• Create documentation to aid in others' learning.
• Provide project supervision and ensure quality and timeliness of others' deliverables.
• Manage workload to deliver quality deliverables that meet requirements and timelines.
• Communicate status of assignments to Manager.
• Notify Manager of issues that impact productivity or ability to meet expectations.
• Assist Manager in tracking progress, prioritizing work, developing time estimates and work plans and assisting less experienced team members.
• Resolve issues or escalate to Manager, if necessary.
• Check work in to central repositories.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.