New Business and Underwriter Supervisor
Globe Life Corporate Office is now hiring a New Business & Underwriter Supervisor for the United American Insurance Company business line.
At Globe Life, we really do value our employees and it shows! Employees at Globe Life are dedicated to their work and we are dedicated to our employees and want to give you peace of mind for your future retirement. After 5 years of working together, Globe Life provides a company funded pension plan for employees.
On a day-to-day basis, you will enjoy a company culture that embraces individuality, celebrates our successes, offers an attractive employee benefits package, and fosters personal development and seeks to promote internal talent.
In this role, you will explore new avenues to reduce cost, improve issue rates, and decrease turnaround time. You will work with all levels in the organization and should possess excellent communication skills. You will be expected to make recommendations and implement continual improvements for our department. You should be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with a professional attitude under pressure. You are also responsible for employee engagement and introducing creative initiatives to improve/maintain employee morale.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or equivalent work experience
• Previous insurance experience is ideal
• Manage/maintain/export all automated processing associated with Formware.
• Distribute Audit/Issue for processing.
• Maintain Compliance Policy Pull Processor.
• Support Agency Offices/Field Force in completing NB applications.
• Support 8-10 Clerical/Specialist Positions.
• Review daily production of each New Business Clerk.
• Responsible for all New Business coming through our department along with managing staff to make sure we can cover the workload in a timely manner.
• Responsible for reviewing and reporting discrepancies encountered throughout our daily routines.
• Audit and review of automated processes weekly.
• Review, approve and conduct employee performance appraisals.
• Coach, counsel, and train staff.
• Responsible for employee scheduling for adequate coverage during vacations and personal/sick days.
• Coordinate staff with other departments to maintain workflow.
• Coordinate testing of new products and processes within New Business and Underwriting.
• Complete monthly New Business Submissions
• Work with IT for problem resolution and testing of systems and scanning equipment.
• Maintaining New Business supplies and orders.
• Assist management as necessary.
• Excellent logic-based decision making skills
• Strong use of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel required
• Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
• Proven leadership skills required
• Problem solving skills essential
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Highly organized
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.