Oklahoma City, OK
Globe Life is now hiring a Junior Underwriter.
As a Junior Underwriter, you will be responsible for screening life insurance applications based on background check of the applicant.
• High school diploma required; some college coursework preferred.
• 2 years in the life and health insurance industry.
• 1-2 years working in an underwriter setting.
• A combination of experience and education will be considered on an individual basis.
• LOMA I, II would be required in 1 year, pursuit of FLMI preferred, other industry courses will be considered.
• Medical terminology or 6 months equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Access or SQL database preferred.
• Update and follow underwriting guidelines in regards to the criminal mortality process.
• Advise management of information that can affect the criminal mortality process.
• Review the information received from the background check and determine if coverage is available, if we need additional information or if the applicant does not qualify for coverage.
• Implement underwriting processes as related to other department processes.
• Provide exceptional service regarding internal and external correspondence.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Advance Excel skills.
• Proficient skills with MS Word and MS-Outlook.
• Critical thinking skills required on a daily basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.