Globe Life corporate office is looking for talented and motivated individuals who want to be a member of the IT Technical Analysis team.
You will be transforming the business by implementing projects to deliver new capabilities facilitating the growth of the company. Your assigned projects will range in size from focused small teams working over several months to large scale multi-year efforts. As an ideal candidate, you will possess the ability to learn quickly and contribute immediately to the overall success of project implementations at Globe Life.
The individuals in this role will be required to quickly achieve a broad understanding of the company’s business processes, IT systems, and reporting needs across all subsidiaries and business units to ensure successful project outcomes. You will have the opportunity to influence and shape IT solutions for years to come.
• Minimum 8 years equivalent experience required
• Extensive experience with ETL tools and SQL required
• Ability to analyze COBOL and JCL required, Assembler and Easytrieve a plus
• Life insurance background and experience strongly preferred
• Oracle OIPA (Oracle Insurance Policy Administration Solution) knowledge a plus
• Strong ownership and consistent delivery of assignments and artifacts required
• Excellent written and verbal communication required
• Inquisitive and detailed perspective is required
• Must work well with all levels of Globe Life Insurance’s employees and business partners
• Able to overcome project obstacles with ease and escalate quickly when appropriate
• Produce high level and detailed data flow documentation, including input/output data and key transformations, for both current and future state
• Based on data from source systems, utilize ETL tools (Informatica, SSIS) and SQL to understand and reproduce data pipelines
• Apply expert knowledge of enterprise database tools and ecosystems
• Possess strong SQL skills (SQL Server, Oracle, or cloud database technologies)
• Analyze existing COBOL and JCL (Assembler and Easytrieve a plus), and write queries that reproduce the results
• Ensure the application of the correct technology to solve reporting problems in the most efficient and appropriate manner
• Understand and perform logical queries to facilitate calculations, reporting, and complex formulas, applying the appropriate level of analysis for the task at hand
• Possess a strong ability to evaluate and consider multiple perspectives (such as business user, programmer, quality analyst, architect, and data steward) in relation to complex problems in order to define a solution that takes into account the many layers of a system
• Ensure the consistent application of big picture thinking and understanding to business processes, systems, and designs
• Review and evaluate business objectives and reporting requirements to ensure the successful delivery of business needs throughout a project
• Become an IT specialist in the field of life and health insurance processing and administration
• Assist, recommend, and provide guidance to the business and IT teams in the overall design of complex functions, formulas and data flows
• Work in a strong team environment, providing high-quality feedback and review of other team members’ work
Identify, recommend, and implement standardization and industry best practices
• Train and mentor other team members and help grow the technical analysis team
Full Time, M-F
At Globe Life, we really do value our employees and it shows! We make sure you have your own dedicated personal work space and we don't make overtime mandatory-that is truly optional scheduling.
Employees at Globe Life are dedicated to their work and we are dedicated to our employees and want to give you peace of mind for your future retirement.
On a day to day basis, you will enjoy a company culture that embraces individuality, celebrates our successes, offers an attractive employee benefits package, and fosters personal development and seeks to promote internal talent.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.