IT Senior Lead Report Technical Analyst
Sorry, this job has expired.
Globe Life Insurance is looking for a talented and motivated individual who wants to lead the IT Technical Analysis team, transforming the business by implementing projects to deliver new capabilities facilitating the growth of the company.
Assigned projects will range in size from focused small teams working over several months to large scale multi-year efforts. Ideally you should possess the ability to learn quickly and contribute immediately to the overall success of project implementations at Globe Life Insurance.
We also require you to quickly achieve a broad understanding of our business processes, IT systems, and reporting needs across all subsidiaries and business units to ensure successful project outcomes. You will have the opportunity to influence and shape IT solutions for years to come!
• Minimum of 3 years of lead or management experience required.
• Minimum 8 years experience in a reporting environment or equivalent experience required.
• Extensive experience with ETL tools and SQL required.
• Life insurance background and experience strongly preferred.
• Oracle OIPA (Oracle Insurance Policy Administration Solution) knowledge a plus.
• Strong ownership and consistent delivery of assignments and artifacts required.
• Inquisitive and detailed perspective is required.
• Must work well with all levels of Globe Life Insurance’s employees and business partners.
• Guide the direction of the newly formed technical analyst team, with an initial focus on technical analysis for reporting.
• Help define team deliverables and processes and produce templates.
• Produce high level and detailed data flow documentation, including input/output data and key transformations, for both current and future state.
• Based on data from source systems, utilize ETL tools (Informatica, SSIS) and SQL to understand and reproduce data pipelines.
• Apply expert knowledge of enterprise database tools and ecosystems.
• Analyze existing COBOL and JCL (Assembler and Easytrieve a plus), and write queries that reproduce the results.
• Ensure the application of the correct technology to solve reporting problems in the most efficient and appropriate manner.
• Understand and perform logical queries to facilitate calculations, reporting, and complex formulas, applying the appropriate level of analysis for the task at hand.
• Ensure the consistent application of big picture thinking and understanding to business processes, systems, and designs.
• Review and evaluate business objectives and reporting requirements to ensure the successful delivery of business needs throughout a project.
• Become an IT specialist in the field of life and health insurance processing and administration.
• Assist, recommend, and provide guidance to the business and IT teams in the overall design of complex functions, formulas, and data flows.
• Work in a strong team environment, providing high-quality feedback and review of other team members’ work.
• Identify, recommend, and implement standardization and industry best practices.
• Train and mentor other team members and help grow the technical analysis team.
• Ability to analyze COBOL and JCL required, Assembler and Easytrieve a plus.
• Ability to overcome project obstacles with ease and escalate quickly when appropriate.
• Strong ability to evaluate and consider multiple perspectives (such as business user, programmer, quality analyst, architect, and data steward) in relation to complex problems in order to define a solution that takes into account the many layers of a system.
• Strong SQL skills (SQL Server, Oracle, or cloud database technologies)
Globe Life was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.