Globe Life would like you to join our IT Team as an Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) Developer.
As the ETL Developer you will be responsible for analysis, design, development, maintenance and support for various data applications. You'll also be responsible for operational support of production jobs, including the maintenance and monitoring of job schedules.
• Strong ETL Development experience using Informatica PowerCenter.
• Current experience with complex SQL and relational databases.
• Experience with Informatica Data Quality tools.
• Experience with SSIS.
• Take data quality prototypes and mappings and operationalize as production ETL jobs.
• Work with technical leads, architects, subject matter experts, developers, technical support groups and test teams to deliver value to the business.
• Deliver ETL components as specified in the design, functional and non-functional requirements, within established budget, time and quality standards.
• Design, prototype, develop, test cases, and document ETL components.
• Perform unit testing of ETL components and document test results.
• Complete code reviews for ETL components and documentation of issues identified and action items.
• Support all testing, including Development Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, End-to-End Testing and Performance Testing.
• Perform troubleshooting on ETL components.
• Oversee code promotion following SDLC guidelines.
• Support the operations of data applications and jobs.
• Provide timely response and resolution of emergency production questions, issues and defects when on call.
• Maintain and monitor job schedules.
• Work on periodic maintenance releases of applications, including enhancements and defects.
• Look for ways to enhance design of application for better maintainability and software reuse.
• Look for ways to incrementally improve the architecture of legacy systems.
• Excellent skills in writing, maintaining, testing and debugging code in T-SQL.
• Ability to create detailed technical design specifications.
• Excellent data analysis abilities.
Globe Life was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.