Enterprise Security Architect
Sorry, this job has expired.
Vision Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Globe Life is currently seeking an Enterprise Security Architect (ESA).
The ESA will be responsible for leading the Information Security team in developing an Enterprise Information Security Architecture, under the governance of the information security management system, which aligns with Torchmark’s strategic goals and addresses security risks.
This position is a key part of Information Security’s support of Torchmark’s strategic initiatives by ensuring security capabilities and services are aligned with leadership’s goals and objectives. The ESA will collaborate directly with various internal departments and the management of Torchmark and it’s subsidiaries in developing, documenting, implementing and monitoring a holistic security architecture.
Working in conjunction with business units, solutions architects and other enterprise architects, the ESA will be responsible for developing a business-aligned enterprise architecture that specifies security requirements and capabilities which addresses people, process and technology. Recommendations will be focused on current and emerging industry standard security practices consistent with the business goals and objectives. The ESA will have contact with both business and IT departments while assisting in articulating the information security strategy.
This position is eligible to work remotely up to 60% of the time and can be based out of our offices in McKinney, TX; Oklahoma City, OK or Waco, TX.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Degree disciplines of Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Information Systems or Information Security are strongly preferred.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in the field of Information Security, Information Systems or IT Security supporting the insurance, healthcare or finance industries.
• 5+ years of experience in an IT discipline with a strong security focus.
• Experience translating security activities into measurements that are meaningful to business leaders.
• Experience and understanding of system administration, network design and administration, identity management, PKI, pen testing, vulnerability management, intrusion analysis and risk management.
• A certification in a security discipline is required. CISPP, CISSP-ISSAP, CEH or SABSA Foundations are strongly preferred. Ideally you would possess a SABSA Chartered Practitioner – Architecture.
• Must have a negative pre-employment drug test.
• Criminal and credit background checks meet our company hiring criteria.
• Enhance security effectiveness by designing strategic security programs and mentoring team members on effective security.
• Determine information security recommendations by applying security standards and privacy requirements.
• Identify opportunities to improve security by focusing on how information flows and moves from business process through the IT implementation layers.
• Recommend enhancements to security processes, standards and guidelines based upon a risk aligned prioritization.
• Design security-focused testing procedures to verify that security requirements/capabilities were designed into systems.
• Maintain security by recommending secure service delivery processes and monitoring objectives within the service delivery lifecycle.
• Advise organizational and security teams throughout the company on enterprise security policy, standards and guidelines.
• Continuously update job knowledge in the areas of emerging security standards, privacy regulations and emerging regulatory impacts.
• Evaluate potential solution fitness to requirements to provide assurance the security posture of the company is in alignment with the security strategy.
• Propose modifications to the security strategy based upon emerging threats to the company, the corporate business plan, and IT strategy.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of the unified controls framework for IT and information security.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of the security services catalog.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of the annual risk assessment and threat analysis.
• Promote a consistent approach to information security throughout the enterprise.
• General knowledge of a predominant architecture model such as TOGAF, SABSA or Zachman is required. Knowledge of SABSA is preferred.
• Working knowledge of ITIL, ISO 27001, ISO 27002 and other ISO standards or NIST800-53 and the NIST cybersecurity framework is required.
• Knowledge of security and privacy controls associated with GLBA, FFIEC IT Handbook, HIPAA/HITECH and PCI is preferred.
• Knowledge of either CIS Benchmarks or DISA STIG is required.
• A good understanding of the successful relationship between the ITIL IT service delivery model and ISO Information Security Governance model is required.
• A proven ability to think strategically and understand business processes while providing detailed advice on security practices, standards and procedures.
• Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate both in written and verbal forms.
• Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners and corporate executives.
• Must be flexible and maintain a positive “can do” attitude.
• Must remain professional and cool-headed in high-pressure situations.
• Must possess the ability to identify and analyze risk and clearly communicate findings to both business and IT leaders.
• Must possess a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.