Sorry, this job has expired.
Vision Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
Globe Life is now hiring a Data Analyst.
At Globe Life, we really do value our employees and it shows! Employees at Globe Life are dedicated to their work and we are dedicated to our employees and want to give you peace of mind for your future retirement. After 5 years of working together, Globe Life provides a company funded pension plan for employees.
On a day-to-day basis, you will enjoy a company culture that embraces individuality, celebrates our successes, offers an attractive employee benefits package, and fosters personal development and seeks to promote internal talent.
As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for:
• Importing, cleaning, transforming, validating modeling or updating of data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for decision making purposes. May include presenting and/or communicating data in formats such as email, reports, charts, graphs, tables.
• Extreme detail work, accuracy and timely communication are a must. Work/keyed data affect several departments in the company especially the sales-marketing efforts and the agents that write/sell our business.
• Reconciliation of Agent Licensing Expense accounts by verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
• High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
• 2 years minimum office experience, preferably accounting experience.
• Experience with accounting basics and database management is very helpful.
• Insurance background, especially Agent Licensing, is desirable.
• Versed in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, PowerPoint or comparable software applications.
• Determine department readiness and meet objectives and assignments through data processing systems.
• Update systems and process appointments after research.
• Answer questions and resolve problems through phone calls and/or email.
• Reconcile department expenses via Lawson; match and verify cash expenses.
• Correspond with agents and state insurance departments.
• Assist with processing monthly and annual invoices.
• Process EFT.
• Process daily accounting functions and/or tasks.
• Process return state checks.
• Process state electronic appointment and termination.
• Create and run detailed database reports.
• Review E-pal reports for licensing changes to report.
• Prepare agent mailings.
• Handle and distribute group email box.
• Assist with state audit process by pulling queries, auditing results and making corrections where needed.
• Ability to communicate and interact with department staff, employees in other departments, external vendors and the Department of Insurance.
• Ability to process and train others to complete mail merges, database queries, and advanced spreadsheet development.
• Ability to analyze information and make independent, logical conclusions.
• Excellent alpha and number recognition skills.
• Good math aptitude.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Accurate, organized and detail-oriented.
• Display initiative to work independently.
• Have excellent attendance record and dependability.
• Must be able to meet department and production driven deadlines.
Globe Life was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.