The Advanced Analytics practice in the Innovations & Business Development dept at Torchmark is looking to fill a full-time position for a Data Analyst.
We are looking for someone with 2+years of experience with general ETL tools/processes along with SQL knowledge and a data science background. Additional experience with Tableau and Informatica would also be valuable, but not required.
- Undergraduate degree (Master’s degree preferred ) in Statistics, Economics, Business Analytics or a quantitative science
- 2+ years statistical and analytical experience in predictive modeling, data analytics, data management, KPI reporting, mathematical modeling, financial analysis
-Efficient in data quality and feature engineering skills (i.e., data manipulation, variable derivation, transformation, data classification using statistical software)
- Excellent skills in data visualization and communicating the “story” about your data
- Proficiency with SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, and R or Python
- Experience with MS Office, Power Point, Excel
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Capacity to handle pressure, tight deadlines and rapidly changing priorities, while always maintaining a focus on quality.
- Collecting, organizing, manipulating, analyzing a wide variety of data utilizing SQL, R/Python, Alteryx and similar software
Create the data requirements for data flows into our Analytic Workspace
- Filter data to improve data quality, reliability and availability
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data quality scorecards and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Experience in analytics methods, clustering algorithms, generalized linear models, deep learning, random forest and other non-liner methods
- Strong emphasis on interpretation of models and validation methods
- Scripting knowledge would be a plus
- Interpret data and work with SMEs for Data Definitions and business processes
- Manage complex sets of data, spearhead ways to visualize data in a way that is easy to digest yet informative, and help derive executive actionable insights. Collaborate with other members of the advanced analytics team to drive state-of-the-art modeling and analytics capabilities
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize business and information needs
- Communicate with data providers/owners as data needs change
- Develop interactive visualizations that provide insight into business strategic projects
- Assist in the creation of project management plans that clearly define the project scope, assumptions, risks and overall project approach (including project resource needs, high level timelines, and project communications)
- Help maintain the data governance process for activities and communications within the TMK Data Governance team. Follow-up on critical actions and issues with data governance leaders and teams
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
Helpful additional skills – Informatica, Tableau
This position is full time, days.
At Globe Life, we really do value our employees and it shows! We make sure you have your own dedicated personal work space and we don't make overtime mandatory-that is truly optional scheduling.
Employees at Globe Life are dedicated to their work and we are dedicated to our employees and want to give you peace of mind for your future retirement. After 5 years of working together and being vested, Globe Life provides a company-funded pension plan for employees.
On a day to day basis, you will enjoy a company culture that embraces individuality, celebrates our successes, offers an attractive employee benefits package, and fosters personal development and seeks to promote internal talent.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.