Call Center Trainer
Sorry, this job has expired.
Globe Life is interviewing Trainers for our Call Center operations Customer Retention Department. We’re looking for an outgoing, hardworking individual who is a detail-oriented self-starter to help us train our new employees.
As a Trainer you will be responsible for training all new conservation representatives, as well as providing continuing education to current representatives. You will monitor and report the effectiveness of employee training to ensure that all call center representatives are properly equipped with the knowledge and tools that are necessary for their success. In addition, you must keep abreast of all new products and changes within the company to keep representatives up-to-date on all relevant information.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• College degree preferred.
• 2+ years of previous training/teaching experience required.
• Must have worked in a high volume call center environment for at least 1 year and have a solid understanding of metrics based management methodologies and systems, and standard protocol and procedures.
• Customer service experience in an insurance setting a plus.
• Be a hands-on supervisor with a solid working knowledge of each significant operational function and daily reporting requirement.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology and accurate spelling a plus.
• Must be self-reliant and self-assured to make independent decisions within the frame work of the company protocol.
• Create and maintain all training materials for the Customer Retention Call Center.
• Provide both classroom and on-the-job training on all products and services associated with the Customer Retention Call Center, including sales techniques, use of computers and software, interpersonal skills, quality & process issues, and product knowledge.
• Conduct in-depth training for employees in their orientation period as well as continuing education for current employees.
• Ensure that all new hires complete mandatory surveys and testing.
• Assign all new hires a workstation and set up user profiles on company PCs.
• Update and maintain call center seating chart – ensure coordination of desk-sharing between daytime and nighttime employees.
• Meet with managers and supervisors regularly to stay informed about any changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and/or technologies.
• Audit live phone calls to identify training opportunities and conduct group and one-on-one coaching sessions as needed.
• Participate in user testing of all new application systems before implementation in the Customer Retention Call Center.
• Assist with supervisor responsibilities as needed, including monthly report cards, performance reviews, and payroll.
• May assist with taking/making calls as needed based on departmental call volumes.
• Must be familiar with products of all of the Torchmark Companies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise instructions and complete routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees. Must have the ability to give honest and productive feedback.
• Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Proven presentation/facilitation skills.
• Full-time, Monday-Friday.
Globe Life was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is the official life insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.