Business Continuity Manager
Sorry, this job has expired.
Vision Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Globe Life is currently seeking a Business Continuity (BC) Manager for our McKinney, Texas, office. The BC Manager is a member of the Information Security team, which is managed by the Chief Information Security Officer and reports up through the General Counsel. The Information Security team is responsible for enterprise information security strategy, governance, business continuity, crisis management, emergency preparedness and risk management.
The BC Manager reports to the Director of Enterprise Resiliency and leads the BC Program from business impact analyses, thought plan building, and annual exercises.
You will work with an Information Security team that approaches resiliency and security as a strategic business partnership to address business risk. This provides the unique opportunity to interact with the business at all levels.
You'll also work in a team environment where collaboration and knowledge sharing are a regular practice for ensuring operational excellence and individual growth.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Emergency Administration and Disaster Preparedness, Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Assurance or equivalent experience.
• CBCP certification/experience with Metric Stream GRC application preferred.
• Must have a negative pre-employment drug test
• Criminal and credit background checks must meet our company hiring criteria.
• Manage, build and enhance the BC Program.
• Perform Business Impact Analyses.
• Identify and prioritize critical business processes in order to determine key operational dependencies.
• Assist business units with assessment of potential business impacts.
• Assess the resources required to support the business.
• Analyze findings to ascertain any gaps between the requirements and capabilities available to deliver business processes.
• Explain business continuity principles and strategic objectives to other departments.
• Develop business continuity plans in order to recover critical business processes.
• Work with business unit’s management to develop contingency plans in order to mitigate the effect of business process outages.
• Assist the department in enhancing, formalizing, and standardizing the business continuity planning process.
• Collaborate with members of different business units to review policies to determine the impact of those policies on business operations.
• Conduct Business Continuity Plan Exercises, Assessment, and Maintenance.
• Perform periodic reviews and tests to establish effectiveness of business continuity plans and procedures.
• Report findings to management and making recommendations for improvements as needed.
• Coordinate development of business unit schedules for annual business continuity documentation maintenance and update.
• Coordinate business recovery activities in association with Disaster Recovery exercises.
• Gather metrics and identify trends in business continuity practices that could improve business resiliency.
• Assist in the creation and reporting of business resiliency metrics that effectively measures program maturity.
• Conduct training and awareness programs that result in personnel being able to respond to incidents in a calm and efficient manner.
• Provide business continuity training and awareness to all employees having a need to understand business continuity planning.
• Support other functions within the Information Security/Business Continuity Team as needed.
• Able to facilitate and keep meetings objective on point, utilizing conflict resolution skills when necessary.
• Able to discuss business continuity in terms of business support when speaking with peers and executives.
• Deliver well-organized, impactful presentations.
• Able to analyze data and identify the root cause of an issue as well as providing recommendations for improvements.
• Able to interact with members of the Business Units and discuss business processes.
• Strong business process documentation skills.
• Good interpersonal skills that including the ability to effectively communicate at all levels, both in written and verbal forms.
• Must be a self–starter.
• Good collaborator and team player with ability to develop positive relationships.
• Must be flexible and maintain a positive “can do” attitude.
• Basic skills with MS Visio and MS PowerPoint.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.