Senior Data Modeler
Sorry, this job has expired.
Vision Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
Globe Life is currently seeking an individual to join our growing IT Team as a Senior Data Modeler.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related fields.
• Minimum of 7 years experience and expertise with data modeling, including OLTP and OLAP systems.
• 2 years relational database administration in SQL Server/Oracle.
• 5 years as data modeler involved in mid- to large-scale system development projects.
• Exposure to all System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases, with experience directly contributing to design, development, validation, implementation, and operational support activities.
• Experience working with Acord Life Insurance standards.
• Metadata Management: Informatica.
• Data profiling/quality: Informatica, Microsoft, or Ataccama.
• Data integration: Exposure to ETL and ELT paradigms and platforms such as PowerCenter or MS SSIS.
As the Senior Data Modeler you will work directly with the data architects and data governance teams to translate business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models to meet the needs of the organization. You'll maintain metadata profiles in adherence to sound data modeling principles and standards for all data brought into the operational data store and enterprise data warehouse. Ideally you should be proficient with data warehousing principles, relational database management systems, and logical and physical data models.
• Participate in projects relative to the requirements and design of the logical data environment.
• Develop, maintain, and support company’s logical data environment.
• Safeguard the integrity of the logical design in true third-normal form as a reflection of the business not a system.
• Understand and apply logical entity-relational design concepts.
• Perform enterprise and project data modeling, including model consolidation and integration.
• Develop data models for different class of ODS systems.
• Provide guidance to developers, database administration, and data administration concerning design and transition to the physical data environment.
• Propose ways to improve the environment and help set data administration direction.
• Participate in large, cross-work stream/subject area projects requiring strong analysis, design, and leadership skills.
• Document, develop, and maintain data models in ER studio or ERWIN or equivalent modeling tools.
• Participate in business process modeling, working with the developers, with respect to data mapping and validation of the data’s life cycle.
• Demonstrate clear, concise, accurate, and timely communication to management, peers, and customers; in written and oral form.
• Manage and establish standards for naming and abbreviation conventions, data definitions, ownership, documentation, procedures, and techniques.
• Possess a very good understanding of Life Insurance industry.
• Adopt, support, and participate in the implementation of the Enterprise Data Management Strategy.
• Report to the Application Development Manager and/or Project Manager.
• Create documentation to aid in others' learning.
• Provide project supervision and ensure quality and timeliness of other’s deliverables
• Manage workload to deliver quality deliverables that meet requirements and timelines.
• Communicate status of assignments to Manager.
• Notify Manager of issues that impact productivity or ability to meet expectations.
• Assist Manager in tracking progress, prioritizing work, developing time estimates and work plans, and assisting-less experienced team members.
• Resolve issues or escalate to Manager, if necessary.
• Check work into central repositories.
• Embarcadero, Erwin data Modeler or equivalent tool.
• Basic Unix/AIX commands and scripting.
• Demonstrate strong fundamental knowledge and experience using data integration tools and Structured Query language (SQL).
• Data analysis/profiling and reverse engineering of data.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.