Senior Business Systems Analyst
Vision Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
Globe Life Insurance is looking for talented and motivated individuals who want to join the IT Business Systems Analysis team as a Senior Business Systems Analyst transforming the business by implementing projects to deliver new capabilities facilitating the growth of the company. Assigned projects will range in size from focused small teams working over several months to large scale multi-year efforts. Ideally you will possess the ability to learn quickly and contribute immediately to the overall success of project implementations at Globe Life Insurance. If you would like the opportunity to influence and shape IT solutions for years to come, this is the position for you.
• Achieve a broad understanding of the company’s business processes across all subsidiaries, business units, and IT systems to ensure successful project outcomes.
• Produce detailed functional requirement documentation (via diagrams, documents, gap analysis, and/or user stories) from business requirements gathered from or provided by business users.
• Ensure the application of the correct technology to solve business problems in the most efficient and appropriate manner.
• Solve complex problems including the documentation of business and systems processes, analysis of business/user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into functional requirement specifications and/or user stories.
• Understand and perform logical queries to facilitate calculations, reporting, and complex formulas.
• Ensure the consistent application of big-picture thinking and understanding to business processes, systems, and designs.
• Review and evaluate business objectives and requirements to ensure the successful delivery of business needs and requirements throughout a project.
• Become an IT specialist in the field of life and health insurance processing and administration.
• Assist, recommend, and provide guidance to the business and IT teams in the overall design of complex functions, formulas and workflow.
• Assist and provide guidance in the development of integrations with internal and external 3rd party systems.
• Work in a strong team environment providing high-quality feedback and review of other team members’ work.
• Identify, recommend, and implement standardization and industry best practices.
• Train and mentor other team members.
• Possess a strong ability to evaluate and consider multiple perspectives (such as business user, programmer, quality analyst, architect, and data steward) in relation to complex problems in order to define a solution that takes into account the many layers of a system from the user interface down to the data layers.
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.