Bank Reconciliation Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK
Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Paid vacation, Flexible schedule, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Globe Life is now hiring a Bank Reconciliation Specialist.
As the Bank Reconciliation Specialist you will reconcile bank accounts to general ledger and complete within established SOX guidelines using Trintech Cadency Financial software suite.
You will also:
• Identify a range of outstanding reconciliation items (unmatched items, paid not issued, paid amount difference, encoding errors).
• Research and resolve outstanding items in timely manner.
• Contact appropriate bank resources for any banking errors.
• Contact appropriate departments for any keyed ledger errors. • Check several different banking institutions for Positive Pay exceptions through network banking system.
• Research exception bank items and make a decision online to pay or decline the exception checks.
• Issue, void and place a stop payment on checks within the network banking system.
• Reconcile general ledger suspense accounts.
• Identify and research outstanding suspense items and notify proper department for resolution.
• Resolve outstanding suspense items in a timely manner.
• Coordinate outstanding issued checks with Unclaimed Property and update banking reconciliation reports.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Associate's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
• 2-5 years General Accounting experience and/or training.
• Reconcile posted ledger activities to activities from the bank using ReconNet.
• Reconcile posted ledger activities in assigned suspense accounts using Certification.
• Make correcting Journal Entries or communicate outstanding items to proper department for resolution.
• Maintain check registers for issued, outstanding, and paid checks.
• Compare and balance ReconNet outstanding to bank outstanding.
• Scan bank statements and reconciliations and upload to Certification software.
• Complete reconciliation compliance using Certification software.
• Prepare outstanding issued checks for Unclaimed Property processing.
• Organize and file reconciliation related documentation.
About Globe Life, a Torchmark Corporation:
Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company (Globe Life) was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.