Assistant General Counsel
Globe Life is now hiring an Assistant General Counsel.
In this position you will be responsible for:
• Oversight of the litigation docket concerning life & health insurance disputes.
• Coordination of company discovery.
• Retention and supervision of outside counsel.
• Policy & contract draft and review.
• Juris Doctor (JD) from an ABA accredited law school.
• State bar license required (states other than Oklahoma will be considered)
• Give advice and training to other departments regarding insurance regulations.
• Answer questions from claims personnel regarding pending contestable/incontestable life & health claims.
• Monitoring of market conduct examinations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements of various state insurance departments, as well as Federal laws and regulations.
• Respond to all subpoenas and requests for documents.
• Respond to attorney correspondence.
• Strong PC skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with competency in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills required.
• Must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Must demonstrate initiative.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.