Sorry, this job has expired.
Vision Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
Globe Life Corporate office is now hiring an Administrative Assistant for the Financial Reporting Department.
At Globe Life, we really do value our employees and it shows! Employees at Globe Life are dedicated to their work and we are dedicated to our employees and want to give you peace of mind for your future retirement. After 5 years of working together, Globe Life provides a company-funded pension plan for employees.
At Globe Life you will enjoy a company culture that embraces individuality, celebrates our successes, offers an attractive employee benefits package, and fosters personal development and seeks to promote internal talent.
On a day-to-day basis as the Administrative Assistant you will create and execute submission of various statutory required state reports and keeping detailed files for research and compliance purposes. To be stellar in this role, you will need to have excellent organizational skills.
• Preferable Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have 2-3 years of professional Social Media and analytical experience in corporate or agency environment.
• Experience working in Social Media marketing.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Mac and PC.
• Must be able to learn new technologies and become the power user.
• Knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
• Must become a notary public in order to notarize documents required by various states.
• Must be analytical.
• Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
• Dependable and adaptable.
• Must be innovative and also take initiative.
• Have a strong business acumen.
• Must be cost-conscious.
• Compose and prepare routine correspondence. Correspond with State insurance departments via phone, email, and mail.
• Organize and maintain file system, and file correspondence and other records.
• Conduct research. Compile and generate the necessary forms and check requests for annual fees relating to the annual state filings.
• Prepare check requests for quarterly and annual premium taxes. Make the necessary copies and coordinate the return and payment delivery based on each state’s requirements.
• Assist the Staff/SR Accountants with the quarterly and annual municipal premium taxes, which includes updating vendor addresses and generating the check requests.
• Make copies of a variety correspondence or other printed materials.
• Read and route incoming mail.
• Answer and screen telephone calls when necessary.
• Order and maintain supplies for department.
• Prepare mailings for both year-end and quarterlies statutory fillings.
• Update the checklists for quarterly and annual statutory state filing utilizing each state’s web site. In addition, determines the required filings for all states.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have strong problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient planning/organizing skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
This is a full time position. Some overtime and weekend work during peak work season is required.
Please click apply and submit your contact information to the Recruitment and Management team for review.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.