Sorry, this job has expired.
The Corporate HQ office's Actuarial Department is growing their pricing team and therefore actively hiring Mathematicians, Actuaries, and Programmers with related focus and experience.
Globe Life was founded in 1951, is licensed in 49 states and provides life and supplemental health insurance to middle-income Americans through direct to consumer products. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) with more than 2,000 employees headquartered in McKinney, Texas.
You will be a member of the Torchmark life and supplemental health insurance pricing team and prepare numerous experience reports and update data tables. In this role, you will work with a group responsible for experience and profit studies for different lines of business.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Programming or related field
• SQL and Visual Basic experience preferred
• Minimum 2 exams from the Society of Actuaries
• Knowledge of MS Excel and databases required
• Knowledge of Actuarial mathematics
• Complete regular monitoring exhibits and distribute as needed.
• Manipulate large amounts of data to investigate/demonstrate trends.
• Update data tables used to generate rate pages and rate upload files.
• Support the manager in various ad hoc projects.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Globe Life has 4 million policies in force (as of December 2016) and is now the top volume issuer of ordinary, individual life insurance policies in the United States as reported by S&P Global Market Intelligence for 2015.
Globe Life is The Official Life Insurance of the Texas Rangers and naming rights sponsor of Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas, where the Texas Rangers call home. The Company’s charitable efforts include the Texas Rangers Baseball Foundation, FC Dallas Foundation, Special Olympics, and Operation Warrior Wishes.
Globe Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer.