3rd Party Applications Administrator
3rd Party Applications Administrator will be responsible for maintaining, upgrading and resolving any potential performance issues in 3rd Party Applications that the team supports. The Administrator will also be responsible for building data/process flows for Business Units based on requirements and build flows within the application.
3rd Party Applications Administrator will liaison with various Business Units to help map and track requirements to business process flows and technology solutions. This role will also require access to sensitive data. Confidentiality around sensitive or classified customer and employee information will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
- Up to 10% travel required to other Torchmark Affiliate locations, depending on the assigned project.
- Experience with administering OnBase, OpenText Captiva required. Experience with other documents management and scanning products with OnDemand, KTA (Kofax) / OpenText Captiva, Formware and Teleform highly desired.
- Experience with OnBase Workflow and API required. Experience with OnBase WorkView and Reporting Dashboards a big plus.
- Require excellent SQL query skills in SQL Server.
- Some experience with VB.Net or C# required with ability to understand code and re-factor it.
- 5-10 year experience in Scanning, Document Management and Time Management Systems, preferably in the Insurance industry.
- 5 year experience with SQL Server, including system and query optimization.
- 1-2 year Business Analysis Experience.
- 3-5 year experience with OnBase administration.
- 3-5 year experience with OpenText Captiva solution.
- 2-3 year experience with Kronos backend administration.
- 3-5 year experience with OnDemand administration.
- 1-2 year experience in system administration.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of DB2 database preferred.
- Ability to write and analyze SQL queries.
- Ability to document user requirements and build data flow diagrams.
- Synthesize information into succinct, concise and logical summaries and reports.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external contacts.
- Basic understand of what IT systems can and cannot do with the ability to analyze requirements for feasibility in terms of effort, time, and costs.
- Display ability and willingness to proactively solve business problems.
- Ability to accurately estimate level of effort for development activities.
- Technically minded with demonstrated troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate in both technical and business terms, clearly and concisely.
- Excellent time management, multitasking, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate and gather requirements from large number of project stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in IT solution architecture.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting a plus.
- Familiarity with SDLC processes is desirable.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system/database performance issues.
- Perform application upgrades and apply appropriate software updates/patches.
- Set up LDAP connectivity for different domains, if needed.
- Occasionally write PowerShell scripts to automate tasks.
- Work with Technical Operations and create security groups for users.
- Integration with relevant external tools.
- Create work flows for users, based on process flows defined by business unit. Produce process and data flow diagrams.
- Provide daily system/application administration (new implementations, system configuration/security etc.)
- Function as technical subject matter expert (SME) for administration and support of applications in production environment.
- Provide front-line applications administration and support and guidance which may include service packs, upgrades, and infrastructure changes.
- Testing of applications, upgrades, and patches prior to introduction to production environment.
- Work with project teams to troubleshoot complex issues, identify and implement solutions to re-occurring problems.
- Develop reports and dashboards.
- Manage solution change controls.
- Resolve user issues by working on tickets.
- Share on-call responsibilities for supported applications.
- Communicate technical and business problems clearly, quickly and in a concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Administer and support other 3rd Party Applications as needed.
- Maintain and resolve issues pertaining Scanning and Document Management products.
This position is full time, days.
At Globe Life, we really do value our employees and it shows! We make sure you have your own dedicated personal work space and we don't make overtime mandatory-that is truly optional scheduling.
Employees at Globe Life are dedicated to their work and we are dedicated to our employees and want to give you peace of mind for your future retirement. After 5 years of working together and being vested, Globe Life provides a company-funded pension plan for employees.
On a day to day basis, you will enjoy a company culture that embraces individuality, celebrates our successes, offers an attractive employee benefits package, and fosters personal development and seeks to promote internal talent.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.